Security Officers in San Jose – Employment
We offer full-time and part-time positions for Security Officers in San Jose and the surrounding cities. We offer company discounts, perks, and more! You too can start with little, or no security experience and become one of VP Security Services’ many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules!
VP Security Services, Inc. is seeking Professional Security Officers. Our Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems, and solutions to serve, secure, and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying. We will provide training for any hires who do not possess a card/license
- As a condition of employment, the employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Be able to work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow, or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer will be required to possess a guard card/license in the state of California in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
VP Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer always hiring a diverse workforce. VP Security Services, Inc. will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We will hire qualified veterans and reservists.